POINTS OF VIEW
SYMPOSIUM: Reconstructing Ancestral Character States
- Assessing congruence between cladistic and stratigraphic data--- Michael J. Benton, Rebecca Hitchin, and Matthew A. Wills
- Sampling confidence envelopes of phylogenetic trees for combinability testing: a reply to Rodrigo--- Francois Lutzoni and F. Keith Barker
- The assumptions and challenges of ancestral state reconstructions--- Kevin E. Omland
- The maximum likelihood approach to reconstructing ancestral character states of discrete characters on phylogenies--- Mark Pagel
- Reconstructing ancestor states with maximum likelihood: support for one- and two-rate models--- Arne ¯. Mooers and Dolph Schluter
- Inferring rates of change in flower symmetry in asterid angiosperms--- Richard H. Ree and Michael J. Donoghue
- Estimation of ancestral states of continuous characters: a computer simulation study--- Emilia P. Martins
- The role of subjectivity in reconstructing ancestral character states: a Bayesian approach to unknown rates, states, and transformation asymmetries--- Ted R. Schultz and Gary A. Churchill
- Some limitations of ancestral character-state reconstruction when testing evolutionary hypotheses---Clifford W. Cunningham
- Error and the growth of experimental knowledge ---Reviewed by Daniel P. Faith
This page maintained by SSB.
Last modified 19 November 1999.