Wagner Lab Meeting
The Wag Lab meetings are open to graduate students, undergraduate students, employees, alumni and friends who are interested in entomology.
Our lab focuses mostly on Lepidoptera, Hymenoptera, and Odonata, but our members have a variety of interests.
The main goals of these meetings are to:
- Present papers and start discussion on relevant topics in entomology
- Discuss general lab matters
- Brainstorm research ideas and present results
- Tell biology-related jokes
Lab members are encouraged to attend every lab meeting, read every paper, and come prepared with questions.
Entomology related show-and-tell is always welcome in the form of specimens (alive or dead), articles, books, or powerpoint presentations.
- 10 minutes for lab matters and logistics for the week
- 10 minutes show and tell, bugs in the news, and current events
- 10 minutes for a mini student presentation
- 25-30 minutes to discuss paper
All students taking this meeting for credit (and all others who wish to participate) should sign up to present a paper at least once per semester. The schedule below lists our meeting dates.
- Email Brigette Zacharczenko to reserve your date -or-
- Grad students may edit this page themselves
- A few days before your date to present, email Brigette with a link or PDF for your paper (or upload it yourself)
- Send any powerpoint files before or just after the lab meeting to be uploaded
- Feel free to send Brigette links to interesting articles any time during the week
- All uploaded files will be password protected
- Wags lab pinback buttons available
- Join the Connecticut Entomological Society. Or else. CT EntSoc. The fee is $7 for students, $15 for non students, and you get a free hat.
Presentation schedule Spring 2014
|Date||Name||Paper and presentation||Show-and-tell|
|January 27||Dave and Brigette - intro meeting|| Moth pheromones
Scent structures (review paper)
| Love songs of the dengue vector mosquito|
Love songs video
|February 3||Joe Medwid|| Scent structures (review paper) (cont.)
Male butterfly scent scales
|New fossil arthropod|
|February 10||Ben North||Viral pathogen in honey bees||"Sticky" movie preview|
|February 17||Ben Gagliardi|
|March 3||Joe Medwid|
|March 10||Ben North|
|March 17||Ellie Clark|
|March 24||Ben Gagliardi|
|April 7||Ellie Clark|
- January 17 - CT EntSoc meeting: 6pm Willington Pizza, 7:30 talk at UConn, Sports Bar afterward
- February 21 - CT EntSoc meeting: 6pm Yale University (catered dinner), 7:30 talk
Lepidoptera Family Lectures
|Lepidoptera Family Lectures|