Wagner Lab Meeting
|Line 78:||Line 78:|
|[http://www.eeb.uconn.edu/people/dwagner/ Wagner Lab]<br>[http://caterpillarblog.com Caterpillarblog] || ||[http://bugguide.net BugGuide]<br>[http://www.entsoc.org/ EntSoc]<br>[http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/MainMenu.shtml Moth Photographer's Group] || [http://blepharopsis.deviantart.com/ Igor Siwanowicz]
|[http://www.eeb.uconn.edu/people/dwagner/ Wagner Lab]<br>[http://caterpillarblog.com Caterpillarblog] || || [http://bugguide.net BugGuide]<br>[http://www.entsoc.org/ EntSoc]<br>[http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/MainMenu.shtml Moth Photographer's Group] || [http://blepharopsis.deviantart.com/ Igor Siwanowicz]
Revision as of 11:30, 29 January 2013
| This article is still under construction. |
Expect it to change frequently until this notice is removed.
The Wag Lab meetings are open to graduate students, undergraduate students, employees, alumni and friends who are interested in entomology.
Our lab focuses mostly on Lepidoptera, Hymenoptera, and Odonata, but our members have a variety of interests.
The main goals of these meetings are to:
- Present papers and start discussion on relevant topics in entomology
- Discuss general lab matters
- Brainstorm research ideas and present results
- Tell dirty biology-related jokes
Lab members are encouraged to attend every lab meeting, read every paper, and come prepared with questions.
Entomology related show-and-tell is always welcome in the form of specimens (alive or dead), articles, books, or powerpoint presentations.
- 10 minutes for lab matters and logistics for the week
- 10 minutes show and tell, bugs in the news, and current events
- 10 minutes for a mini student presentation
- 25-30 minutes to discuss paper
All students taking this meeting for credit (and all others who wish to participate) should sign up to present a paper at least once per semester. The schedule below lists our meeting dates.
- Email Brigette Zacharczenko to reserve your date -or-
- Grad students may edit this page themselves
- A few days before your date to present, email Brigette with a link or PDF for your paper (or upload it yourself)
- Send any powerpoint files before or just after the lab meeting to be uploaded
- Feel free to send Brigette links to interesting articles any time during the week
- All uploaded files will be password protected
|Date||Name||Paper and presentation||Show-and-tell|
|January 28||David Wagner|
|Lab member websites||Entomology blogs||Important resources||Insect photography|
Moth Photographer's Group