This is the home page of the UConn EEB department's Systematics Seminar. This is a graduate seminar devoted to issues of interest to graduate students and faculty who make up the systematics program at the University of Connecticut.
This (Spring, 2007) semester, we are meeting each Tuesday at 4pm in the BioPharm 3rd. floor "fishbowl" conference room.
Schedule for Spring Semester 2007
- January 16, 2007
- Organizational meeting, BioPharm 3rd. floor fishbowl, 4pm
- January 23, 2007
- Smythe, A.B., M.J. Sanderson, and S.A. Nadler. 2006. Nematode Small Subunit Phylogeny Correlates with Alignment Parameters. Systematic Biology 55(6): 972-992.[PDF]
- Note from Carrie: Please note that this is DIFFERENT than the paper we decided on at Tuesday's organizational meeting.
- This issue of Sys. Bio. is not yet available online therefore I will make a copy and put it in the EEB office. Those with a hard copy subscription of Sys. Bio. should have this issue. Note: for those with copies, Figures 3 and 8 should be in color.
- January 30, 2007
- Kjer, K. M., J. J. Gillespie and K. A. Ober. 2007. Opinions on multiple sequence alignment, and an empirical comparison of repeatability and accuracy between POY and structural alignment. Systematic Biology 56: 1-14. [PDF]
- February 6, 2007
- Cancelled due to overlap with Rettenmeyer presentation
- February 13, 2007
- Lutzoni, F., P. Wagner, V. Reeb, and S. Zoller. 2000. Integrating ambiguously aligned regions of DNA sequences in phylogenetic analyses without violating positional homology. Sytematic Biology. 49: 628-651. [PDF]
Information about joining and using the email list
Past Systematics Seminars
- Fall 2006
- Spring 2005
- Fall 2004
- Spring 2004 (a.k.a. PhyloMath)