Plant Collections Manager
Office: BPB 125
2003, Dissertation title: Dynamics of the Submerged Plant Community In a Freshwater Tidal Marsh
75 N. Eagleville Road, Unit 3043
Storrs, CT 06269-3043, U.S.A.
Plant community ecology, with a concentration on the ecology of the submerged angiosperms in a tidal wetland along the lower Connecticut River
- Capers, R.S., R. Selsky, G.J. Bugbee and J. White. 2009. Species richness of native and invasive aquatic plants responds to abiotic environmental variables, human activity. Botany 87: 306-314.
- Capers, R.S., R. Selsky, G.J. Bugbee and J. White. 2007. Aquatic plant community invasibility and scale-dependent patterns in native and invasive species richness. Ecology 88:3135-3143.
- Les, D.H., R.S. Capers and N.P. Tippery. 2006. Introduction of Glossostigma (Phrymaceae) to North America: a taxonomic and ecological overview. American Journal of Botany 93: 927–939.
- Capers, R.S., and D.H. Les. 2005. Plant community structure in a freshwater tidal wetland. Rhodora 107: 386-407.
- Capers, R.S., G.J. Bugbee, R. Selsky and J.C. White. 2005. A guide to the invasive aquatic plants of Connecticut. Bulletin No. 997.: 26.
- Capers, R.S., R.L. Chazdon, A. Redondo B. and B. Vilchez A. 2005. Successional dynamics of woody seedling communities in wet tropical secondary forests. Journal of Ecology 93: 1071-1084.
- Capers, R.S., R. Selsky, G.J. Bugbee, and J. White. 2005. Aquatic plants among most destructive invasives. Frontiers of Plant Science 55: 7-9.
- Capers, R. S. and R.L. Chazdon. 2004. Rapid assessment of understory light availability in a wet tropical forest. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 123: 177-185.
- Capers, R. S. 2003. Six years of submerged plant community dynamics in a freshwater tidal wetland. Freshwater Biology 48: 1640–1651.
- Capers, R.S. 2003. Macrophyte colonization in a freshwater tidal wetland (Lyme, CT, USA). Aquatic Botany 77: 325-338.
- Capers, R.S. and D.H. Les. 2001. An unusual population of Podostemum ceratophyllum (Podostemaceae) in a tidal Connecticut river. Rhodora 103: 219-223.
- Capers, R.S. 2000. A comparison of two sampling techniques in the study of submersed macrophyte richness and abundance. Aquatic Botany 68: 87-92.
- Les, D.H. and R.S. Capers. 1999. Limnobium spongia (Hydrocharitaceae) discovered in New England. Rhodora 101: 419-423.