Possible Term Paper Topics
Below are some examples of possible evolution term paper topics. You are encouraged to come up with your own topic. You will be spending a significant amount of time researching and writing about the topic you have chosen this semester, so it is important to choose a topic that interests you.
Examples of term paper topics
1. The evolutionary origin of a group of organisms such as angiosperms.
2. Do parasites become less deleterious to their hosts over evolutionary time?
3. How important was human activity in the major extinctions of the Pleistocene?
4. Evidence for Cope's Rule.
5. An evolutionary tendency in insular animals (e.g. smaller mammals, gigantism, or flightlessness).
6. The molecular basis for reproductive isolation
7. The evolutionary significance of introns.
8. The evolution of altruistic behavior.
9. The role of evolutionary change in the success of invasive species
10. Evolutionary response to climate change
11. The evolution of eusociality in insects and mammals.
12. How did flight evolve in birds or insects?
13. Adaptive vs. nonadaptive radiations
14. The evolutionary significance of hybridization