Pollination Biology Seminar
The seminar in Pollination Biology convenes every Tuesday at 8:00am in BioPharmacy 303.
Fall 2007 Schedule
The papers for discussion are available as PDF files, but to keep us from getting into hot water with the journals involved, a username and password are required for access. If you have forgotten the username/password, please contact Nic Tippery.
There is an email listserv for attendees of the Pollination Biology seminar, managed by Kent Holsinger.
To upload a PDF file, use this form (username/password required)
September 4, 2007
- Waser, N. M., L. Chittka, M. V. Price, N. M. Williams, and J. Ollerton. 1996. Generalization in pollination systems, and why it matters. Ecology 77: 1043-1060.
September 11, 2007
- Johnson, S. D. and K. E. Steiner. 2000. Generalization versus specialization in plant pollination systems. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 15: 140-143.
- Whittall, J. B. and S. A. Hodges. 2007. Pollinator shifts drive increasingly long nectar spurs in columbine flowers. Nature 447: 706-701.
September 18, 2007
- Momose, K., T. Yumoto, T. Nagamitsu, M. Kato, H. Nagamasu, S. Sakai, R. D. Harrison, T. Itioka, A. A. Hamid, and T. Inoue. 1998. Pollination biology in a lowland dipterocarp forest in Sarawak, Malaysia. I. Characteristics of the plant-pollinator community in a lowland dipterocarp forest. American Journal of Botany 85: 1477-1501.
September 25, 2007
- Baker, H. G. 1955. Self-compatibility and establishment after 'long-distance' dispersal. Evolution 9: 347-349.
- Baker, H. G. 1967. Support for Baker's Law - as a rule. Evolution 21: 853-856.
- Rambuda, T. and S. Johnson. 2004 Breeding systems of invasive alien plants in South Africa: does Baker's rule apply? Diversity and Distributions 10: 409-416.
- In Memoriam, Herbert G. Baker, 1920-2001 
- Barrett, S. C. H. 2001. The Baker and Stebbins era comes to a close. Evolution 55:2371-2374