Pollination Biology Seminar
|(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
=== October 16, 2007 ===
=== October 16, 2007 ===
http://www.amjbot.org/cgi/reprint/94/9/1527Barringer, B. C. 2007. Polyploidy and self-fertilization in flowering plants. American Journal of Botany94(9): 1527-1533.
Latest revision as of 22:29, 21 November 2007
The seminar in Pollination Biology convenes every Tuesday at 8:00am in BioPharmacy 303.
Fall 2007 Schedule
The papers for discussion are available as PDF files, but to keep us from getting into hot water with the journals involved, a username and password are required for access. If you have forgotten the username/password, please contact Nic Tippery.
There is an email listserv for attendees of the Pollination Biology seminar, managed by Kent Holsinger.
To upload a PDF file, use this form (username/password required)
September 4, 2007
- Waser, N. M., L. Chittka, M. V. Price, N. M. Williams, and J. Ollerton. 1996. Generalization in pollination systems, and why it matters. Ecology 77: 1043-1060.
September 11, 2007
- Johnson, S. D. and K. E. Steiner. 2000. Generalization versus specialization in plant pollination systems. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 15: 140-143.
- Whittall, J. B. and S. A. Hodges. 2007. Pollinator shifts drive increasingly long nectar spurs in columbine flowers. Nature 447: 706-701.
September 18, 2007
- Momose, K., T. Yumoto, T. Nagamitsu, M. Kato, H. Nagamasu, S. Sakai, R. D. Harrison, T. Itioka, A. A. Hamid, and T. Inoue. 1998. Pollination biology in a lowland dipterocarp forest in Sarawak, Malaysia. I. Characteristics of the plant-pollinator community in a lowland dipterocarp forest. American Journal of Botany 85: 1477-1501.
September 25, 2007
- Baker, H. G. 1955. Self-compatibility and establishment after 'long-distance' dispersal. Evolution 9: 347-349.
- Baker, H. G. 1967. Support for Baker's Law - as a rule. Evolution 21: 853-856.
- Rambuda, T. and S. Johnson. 2004 Breeding systems of invasive alien plants in South Africa: does Baker's rule apply? Diversity and Distributions 10: 409-416.
- In Memoriam, Herbert G. Baker, 1920-2001 
- Barrett, S. C. H. 2001. The Baker and Stebbins era comes to a close. Evolution 55:2371-2374 
October 2, 2007
- Knight, T. M., J. A. Steets, J. C. Vamosi, S. J. Mazer, M. Burd, D. R. Campbell, M. R. Dudash, and M. O. Johnston. 2005. Pollen limitation of plant reproduction: pattern and process. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution and Systematics 36: 467-497.
October 9, 2007
- Thomson, J. D. and L. Chittka. 2001. Pollinator individuality: when does it matter? In Thomson, J. D. and L. Chittka, eds. Cognitive Ecology of Pollination: Animal Behavior and Floral Evolution. pp. 191-213.
October 16, 2007
- Barringer, B. C. 2007. Polyploidy and self-fertilization in flowering plants. American Journal of Botany 94(9): 1527-1533.
October 23, 2007
- Chang, S.-M. 2007. Gender-specific inbreeding depression in a gynodioecious plant, Geranium maculatum (Geraniaceae). American Journal of Botany 94(7):1193-1204.
October 30, 2007
- Ollerton, J., A. Killick, E. Lamborn, S. Watts, and M. Whiston. 2007. Multiple meanings and modes: on the many ways to be a generalist flower. Taxon 56(3):717-728.
November 6, 2007
- Fenster, C. B., W. S. Armbruster, P. Wilson, M. R. Dudash, and J. D. Thomson. 2004. Pollination syndromes and floral specialization. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics 35:375-403.