L. Lewis Lab
Revision as of 16:09, 7 January 2011 by LouiseLewis
My lab is located in Pharmacy/Biology Building, rooms 311 & 313
69 North Eagleville Road, Storrs, CT 06269-3043 U.S.A.
Phone: +1 860-486-1811
Current Lab Members
- Louise A. Lewis (Associate Professor)
- Shelley Olm (Research Associate)
- Nic Tippery (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- Molly Letsch (Ph.D. Student)
- Karolina Fučíková (Ph.D. Student)
- Chien Lo (Pharmacy Student, formerly an EEB and MCB major)
- Diba Khan-Bureau (Ph.D. student in NRE, coadvised with L.Lewis and G.Robbins, and STRONG-CT director at Three Rivers Community College, Environmental Engineering Tech Program)
Former Lab Members and Visitors
- Dr. T.A. Adesalu "Bose" (University of Lagos, Department of Botany and Microbiology) visited during September-November 2010.
- Andreas Holzinger (University of Innsbruck, Institute of Botany) was here for a short visit in August 2010.
- Elizabeth Salinas (Ph.D. student with Dr. Diego González Halphen, UNAM) visited for 4 months in 2010, to interact with us on a project investigating the architecture of mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase 2 genes in green algae.
- Jared Rada (Undergraduate Student in Biology), is applying to dental school this fall.
- Susan Brawley (Univ. of Maine Orono), July 2009.
- Valerie R. Flechtner (Emeritus Professor, Department of Biology, John Carroll University) visited our lab in 2007, 2008, and early summer 2009.
- Nicole Piatt (Undergraduate Student EEB) worked in our lab for 2 years. She is at the Pennsylvania College of Optometry.
- Nicole Pietrasiak visited in 2007, 2008, 2010 (former M.S. student at John Carroll University and now a Ph.D. student at UC Riverside working with Dr. Robert Graham).
- Miracle Tali (NSF REU and NEAGEP Student from ASCC).
- Hilary McManus (email@example.com) (Ph.D. student 2001-2007) now an Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biology, at LeMoyne College in Syracuse NY.
- Dennis Gray (Postdoctoral Associate 2005-2006): currently a Postdoctoral Associate with Dr. Thomas Sharkey at Michigan State University.
- David Hoover (BS 2003, and completed a Master's degree in the Integrative Geosciences Program at Uconn) is in the Ph.D. program at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, working at the SGS-LTER.
- Karen Erickson (Research Associate): currently a Research Associate at Connecticut College.
- Jarmila Holkova
- Gizele Richards (BS 2003): currently pursuing a graduate degree in Environmental and Resource Policy at George Washington University.
- Brad Goupil (BS 2003): earned a BS/MS in Biodiversity and Conservation Biology.