Green Grads are a group of environmentally-aware, environmentally-active UConn Graduate Students. We are committed to:
- Environmentally-Mindful Recreation
- Promoting Environmental Awareness and Sustainability, on- and off-campus
- The Well-Being of the Environment and the People who Depend upon it, Locally and Globally
To be added to the Green Grads email list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our UConntact page: https://uconntact.uconn.edu/organization/greengrads
We are currently not maintaining a roster on UConntact, but you may join there if you wish.
1. INFORMATION MEETING!
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH
(ROOM 171B IN THE TORREY LIFE SCIENCES BUILDING)
JOIN US FOR PIZZA AND PLANNING FOR THE YEAR AHEAD!
2. Mansfield Festival on the Green
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Noon - 5:00 pm
In front of E.O. Smith High School
We're helping keep this a low-waste event by sending volunteers to man the waste stations, to direct people to recycling and composting.
We'll have a volunteer sign-up sheet at the Sept. 5th meeting, or email Hayley (email@example.com).
Our Constitution and Bylaws:
Note: our Constitution was updated in May 2012; the new version will be posted soon. The previous documents are below:
both amended in May 2008 - OEP liaison position added to the Bylaws and grant acquisition added as a funding option in the Constitution.
Things YOU can do TODAY:
- Conserve energy - take shorter showers, turn off your computer at night, etc.
- Print and copy on both sides of the page
- Recycle all plastics labeled 1-7 in departmental bins
- Take the stairs, not the elevator
- Ride the bus/carpool
- Spread the word :)