We are commited to:
- Environmentally-responsible recreation
- Promoting environmental awareness and sustainability, on- and off-campus
- The well-being of the environment and the people who depend upon it, locally and globally
To be added to the Green Grads email list, please send an email to email@example.com
Our UConntact page: https://uconntact.uconn.edu/organization/greengrads
We are currently not maintaining a roster on UConntact, but you may join there if you wish.
Photos from Give & Go 2012 are now posted at UConntact! See the album here.
1. Information & Organization Meeting!
Wednesday, Sept. 5th
(Room 171b in the Torrey Life Sciences building)
JOIN US FOR PIZZA AND PLANNING FOR THE YEAR AHEAD!
2. Mansfield Festival on the Green
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Noon - 5:00 pm
In front of E.O. Smith High School
We're helping keep this a low-waste event by sending volunteers to man the waste stations, to direct people to recycling and composting.
We'll have a volunteer sign-up sheet at the Sept. 5th meeting, or email Hayley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Mansfield Natural Areas Volunteer Day
Date: an upcoming Saturday, TBA
The Constitution was amended and approved in April 2012. The previous Constitution and Bylaws (from 2008) were combined and altered to reflect new requirements for UConn student organizations.
Things YOU can do TODAY:
- Conserve energy - take shorter showers, turn off your computer at night, etc.
- Print and copy on both sides of the page
- Recycle paper, plastic, glass, and aluminum in bins around campus
- Take the stairs, not the elevator
- Ride the bus/carpool
- Spread the word :)