Graduate Assistantship

From EEBedia
Revision as of 19:27, 18 May 2007 by NicTippery (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Most EEB graduate students hold an assistantship to earn money while enrolled in the program.

Teaching Assistantships (or TAs) are offered in conjunction with teaching a course. The courses most often taught by EEB grads are 100s-level Biology courses, where the TA teaches several sections of the lab component. Upper-level TAs are also available for advanced grads.

Research Assistantships (or RAs) are rather rare and arise when faculty or students obtain grant money to support the RA.