Every year, the graduate students jointly elect a researcher to give one of the weekly department seminars, at the expense of the EEB department. The selection process is as follows:
- Nominations are solicited from grads for potential speakers. The nominating student must submit a brief summary of the researcher's work.
- Nominations are compiled and voted on by the graduate students.
- Researchers are contacted based on the ranked list of nominated speakers, using the following criteria:
- The speaker must accept the invitation to speak.
- Expenses to bring the speaker to UConn must be reasonable.
- There should be no scheduling conflicts.
- Grad-invited Seminar speakers are arranged about a year ahead of their visit.
Grad-Invited Seminar Speakers
29 March 2007: Arne Mooers, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Conservation and Evolution: Are some animal (species) more equal than others?
Grad-Invited Seminar Representative
2007: Maxi Polihronakis