Insect Systematics, Morphology, Evolution & Biology
Course #: EEB 5895 Section 028
Date/time: Fridays 10:15-11:15
Location: TLS 313
Contact: David Wagner, Brigette Zacharczenko
Course page uploads: Benedict Gagliardi
The Wag Lab meetings are open to graduate students, undergraduate students, employees, alumni and friends who are interested in entomology.
Our lab focuses mostly on Lepidoptera, Hymenoptera, and Odonata, but our members have a variety of interests.
The main goals of these meetings are to:
- Present papers and start discussion on relevant topics in entomology
- Discuss general lab matters
- Brainstorm research ideas and present results
- Tell biology-related jokes
Lab members are encouraged to attend every lab meeting, read every paper, and come prepared with questions.
Entomology related show-and-tell is always welcome in the form of specimens (alive or dead), articles, books, or powerpoint presentations.
- 10 minutes for lab matters and logistics for the week
- 10 minutes show and tell, bugs in the news, and current events
- 10 minutes for a mini student presentation
- 25-30 minutes to discuss paper
All students taking this meeting for credit (and all others who wish to participate) should sign up to present a paper at least once per semester. The schedule below lists our meeting dates.
- Email Benedict Gagliardi to reserve your date -or-
- Grad students may edit this page themselves
- A few days before your date to present, email Ben with a link or PDF for your paper (or upload it yourself)
- Send any powerpoint files before or just after the lab meeting to be uploaded
- Feel free to send Ben links to interesting articles any time during the week
- All uploaded files will be password protected
- Join the Connecticut Entomological Society. Or else. CT EntSoc. The fee is $7 for students, $15 for non students. Also there are still calendars available to purchase.
Presentation schedule Fall 2014
|Date||Name||Paper and presentation||Show-and-tell|
|January 23||Dave & Ben||Non-floral sugar resources of Hairstreaks|
|January 30||Joe Medwid||Increasing morphological complexity in multiple parallel lineages of the Crustacea ||Joe Desisto - EntSoc Centipede talk|
|February 6||Insect News and Morphology speed talks||Stan: Spiders , , Kevin: Ants 'n Flies , Katie [Spermatophores], Charlie ["Singing From the Grave"], Joe Desisto [Myriapod Eyes]|
- September 19, Connecticut Entomological Society meeting, 6pm dinner, 7:30pm meeting, UConn, Sam Jaffe
Lepidoptera Family Lectures
|Lepidoptera Family Lectures|