The Wag Lab meetings are open to graduate students, undergraduate students, employees, alumni and friends who are interested in entomology.
Our lab focuses mostly on Lepidoptera, Hymenoptera, and Odonata, but our members have a variety of interests.
The main goals of these meetings are to:
- Present papers and start discussion on relevant topics in entomology
- Discuss general lab matters
- Brainstorm research ideas and present results
- Tell biology-related jokes
Lab members are encouraged to attend every lab meeting, read every paper, and come prepared with questions.
Entomology related show-and-tell is always welcome in the form of specimens (alive or dead), articles, books, or powerpoint presentations.
- 10 minutes for lab matters and logistics for the week
- 10 minutes show and tell, bugs in the news, and current events
- 10 minutes for a mini student presentation
- 25-30 minutes to discuss paper
All students taking this meeting for credit (and all others who wish to participate) should sign up to present a paper at least once per semester. The schedule below lists our meeting dates.
- Email Brigette Zacharczenko to reserve your date -or-
- Grad students may edit this page themselves
- A few days before your date to present, email Brigette with a link or PDF for your paper (or upload it yourself)
- Send any powerpoint files before or just after the lab meeting to be uploaded
- Feel free to send Brigette links to interesting articles any time during the week
- All uploaded files will be password protected
- We need empty plastic peanut butter jars!
- Join the Connecticut Entomological Society. Or else. CT EntSoc. The fee is $7 for students, $15 for non students, and you get a free hat.
|Date||Name||Paper and presentation||Show-and-tell|
|January 28||David Wagner||Lab Meeting 28 January||Squeaking moth|
|February 4||Neil Schoppmann|| Dyer et al. 2007
Lab Meeting 4 February
| Jewel Beetles|
Moths in decline
|February 11||WTF Evolution|
|February 18||Neil Schoppmann||Novotny 2006|
|February 25||Brigette Zacharczenko||Caterpillar foraging|
|March 4||Benedict Gagliardi|
|March 11||Casey James|
- February 1: AMNH trip
- February 15: CT EntSoc meeting at Wesleyan, Wag Lab vs. Singer Lab pool throwdown
- February 23: Dave's caterpillar talk, Natural History Museum, 1pm
Lepidoptera Family Lectures
|Lepidoptera Family Lectures|
|Lab member websites||Entomology blogs||Important resources||Insect photography|
Along the Airline
| Arizona: Beetles Bugs Birds and more
Beetles in the Bush
Biodiversity in Focus
Fall to Climb
Lyman Entomological Museum
The Smaller Majority
The Dragonfly Woman
Moth Photographer's Group
Wag Lab email list