| This article is still under construction. |
Expect it to change frequently until this notice is removed.
The Wag Lab meetings are open to graduate students, undergraduate students, employees, alumni and friends who are interested in entomology.
Our lab focuses mostly on Lepidoptera, Hymenoptera, and Odonata, but our members have a variety of interests.
The main goals of these meetings are to:
- Present papers and start discussion on relevant topics in entomology
- Discuss general lab matters
- Brainstorm research ideas and present results
- Tell dirty biology-related jokes
Lab members are encouraged to attend every lab meeting, read every paper, and come prepared with questions.
Entomology related show-and-tell is always welcome in the form of specimens (alive or dead), articles, books, or powerpoint presentations.
- 10 minutes for lab matters and logistics for the week
- 10 minutes show and tell, bugs in the news, and current events
- 10 minutes for a mini student presentation
- 25-30 minutes to discuss paper