EEB GSA Minutes 8 February 2014
Revision as of 13:23, 4 June 2014 by Cera Fisher (Created page with "'''GSA Meeting 2/8/14''' Called to order 5:15 pm '''Attendance''' Nora, Brigette, Ben, Anna, Dustin, Caitlin, Jimmy, James, Tim, Holly, Michael, Cera, Hayley, Johanna ==A...")
GSA Meeting 2/8/14
Called to order 5:15 pm
Nora, Brigette, Ben, Anna, Dustin, Caitlin, Jimmy, James, Tim, Holly, Michael, Cera, Hayley, Johanna
- $902 in expenses, $1070~~ in income, so we have $900 to play with
- Want to keep some in the bank
- Want to fund some other things (Grad Afternoon Tea)
- Couple leftover tote bags as secret stash for speakers
- Pint glasses in time for Grad symposium
- Brigette already ready to place this order, $2/3 each, we would sell them for $5
- All in favor of ordering first batch of 100
- Will be the normal little eeb logo
- Brigette will send around an email for people to comment on it
- How else will we spend the money?
- Elementary school outreach? -- then we can run things ourself and just pay for it out of our money
- Offline - form subcommittee to run this
- Send around email, talk to same school, other school?
- Holly has Diego's information for setting up Franklin Elementary
- Storrs Adventure park
- Crawfish boil
- Park picnic or spring party, not Mansfield Hollow, but other parks will allow alcohol
- Report by Faculty Committee representative
- March 8
- Potluck breakfast
- Catered for lunch
- Sign up, people!
- GSS wants a detailed attendance list -- Comittee is working on how to get that
- Post symposium party -- Jimmy's house!
- Welcome Committee
- Will hopefully have a list of prospective students
- Solicit people outside our department to give talks at our Symposium
- Steve Mollman should give a talk on Darwin and Dinosaurs!
Tuesday Evening Seminar
- Janine is hosting Pancho Mar 25
- Eric is hosting Hannes Baumann April 15
- Would anyone else like to volunteer? Talk to Nora.
Bar Week Snow Day Makeup!
- Ben @ the Harp Tuesday Feb 4th
- Brief update from Cera and James
- Official informational meeting next Tuesday 4th @ 5pm in Bamford
Job Candidate seminars
- How managing pre-seminar snacks?
- Nora will assign labs that are not already responsible for a seminar this semester
Wrap-up meeting in April/May
- Talk about Barn Dance then
- Green Grads: Hayley does not have time to start up again this semester
- Marginal success reviving it last year but it never got underway enough to keep going
- Suggesting that Green Grads give all the garbage cans, plates etc. to GSA.
- But Green Grads does have a budget for this year and there were activities that Hayley had planned, if anyone would like to help organize these things.
- Open this up to everyone on the grad list
- GSS is loking for someone to sit on the recycling committee