Revision as of 18:13, 7 October 2007 by TobiasLandberg
- October 6, 2007: Leah Brown-Wilusz has been awarded a travel grant by the Office of Undergraduate Research to present her summer research at the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology's annual meeting in San Antonio, Texas.
- September 10, 2007: Amy Weiss has been funded to work on a grant entitled "Genetic Analysis of Cabomba: Ecology and Spread" in cooperation with CSIRO Entomology and the Australian Department of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Forestry (DAFF).
- August 24, 2007: Charlie Yarish was selected by a review committee of his peers to receive the faculty recognition award, which recognizes sustained outstanding achievements in teaching, research and services benefiting UConn Stamford. Yarish has been teaching at the college for 30 years. In that time, he's established an seaweed research laboratory in Stamford and forged a relationship with Chilean scholar Alejandro Buschmann. The two professors are establishing a faculty exchange between the Chilean schools and the Bridgeport Regional Vocational Aquaculture School.
- July 17, 2007: Justin Davis has accepted a position as a Fisheries Biologist with the Inland Fisheries Division, Eastern District.
- June 8, 2007: Diego Sustaita received the D. Dwight Davis award for best student paper in the Division of Vertebrate Morphology, at the Society for Integrative and Compartive Biology 2007 annual meetings in Phoenix, Az.