Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
Kurt Schwenk, Ph.D., Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Office: PharmBio 600 (see directions on how to get there, below)
Lab: PharmBio 410, 412
Voice: (860) 486-0351
Lab phone: 860-486-4158
Fax: (860) 486-6364
Dr. Schwenk's web page
HOW TO GET TO DR. SCHWENK'S OFFICE FROM TORREY LIFE SCIENCES:
1. Go to basement of Torrey
2. Go to east end of hallway (the end closest to Pathobiology bldg., where PNB labs are)
3. Enter Pharmacy-Biology Bldg. through double doors
4. Walk down ramp to elevator - take elevator to 6th floor
5. Exit elevator and turn sharp right - office door is right there (my name is on the wall)
HOW TO GET TO DR. SCHWENK'S OFFICE FROM PHARM-BIO BLDG. MAIN ENTRANCE:
1. Enter Pharmacy-Biology Bldg. through main entrance
2. Go to lobby elevator, take to 6th floor
3. Exit elevator, turn right
4. Walk until you come to closed double doors that have sign on them saying 'Alarm Will Sound' - IGNORE THIS and walk right through
5. Walk down hallway past labs and at end of hall pass through another set of double doors into freight elevator vestibule
6. Kurt's office is immediately to left of elevator
Bill Ryerson, MS (doctoral student)
Office/Lab: PharmBio 412
Voice: (860) 486-4158
Fax: (860) 486-6364
- (1) TEXTBOOKS—The textbooks have been ordered, but they probably will not be available in the Co-op for awhile. Keep checking. If you notice that they are in the Co-op, please email me so that I can make a general announcement.
- IF YOU WANT TO TRY TO FIND NEW OR USED COPIES OF THE BOOKS ON YOUR OWN, HERE IS THE INFO: (both books are required)
- A. Functional Anatomy of the Vertebrates, 3rd edition, K. Liem et al. (authors), 2001. Brooks/Cole—Thomson Learning (publishers), ISBN: 0-03-022369-5
- B. Vertebrate Dissection, 9th ed., Homberger and Walker (authors), 2004. Brooks/Cole—Thomson Learning, ISBN:0-03-022522-1
- OTHER THINGS YOU NEED FOR THE CLASS:
- A lab notebook—any kind you like—for making notes and sketches during skeletal labs and dissections (it will not be graded—just for your benefit).
- A dissection kit—the one in the Co-op that is for BIO 1107 is fine.
- A lab coat or old shirt—anything to keep the shark grease off of your clothes!
- Colored pencils—minimally red, blue, yellow and green. You will need these for lecture, but they would be useful in lab, as well.
Bruce Jayne's lizard locomotion videos
Turtle locomotion & breathing
Armadillo gathering grass
Cheetah animated model
Place your bets