m (→About Me)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
Revision as of 16:04, 30 January 2013
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
University of Connecticut
75 North Eagleville Road
Storrs, CT 06269
Office: TLS 473
E-mail: Brigette Zacharczenko
- I have always loved insects. When I was 7 years old I decided I wanted to be an entomologist... and look at me now!
- I am most interested in systematics, evolution, and behavior of insects.
- I enjoy blacklighting to capture moths, and rearing caterpillars in the lab.
- I am an avid crossfitter at Crossfit Storrs.
- I have several pets including two rabbits, three snakes, one gecko, one salamander, and a bunch of guppies.
- If I'm not at school or caring for my pets, I am probably sewing. Since 2007 I have run my sewing business, Weird Bug Lady, on Etsy.com. I make plush toys of insects and other animals.
Places to find me on the internet
Ph.D. Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
2010 - present
University of Connecticut, Storrs
B.Sc. Applied Zoology
Invertebrate systematics, speciation, and developmental biology. Evolutionary biology of the noctuid moth genus Acronicta with a focus on larval mimicry complexes, and changes in morphology and behavior between instars.