(Redirected from User:AndyBush)
Email: andrew.bush [at] uconn.edu
Office (EEB): Torrey Life Sciences 472
Lab: Torrey Life Sciences 469
Office (Geo): Beach 240
Phone (EEB): 860-486-9359
Phone (Geo): 860-486-9385
Research Interests (click for more info)
- Changes in marine paleoecology and biodiversity
- The Late Devonian (Frasnian/Famennian) mass extinction
- Upper Devonian stratigraphy in the Appalachian Basin
- Ecologic gradient analysis of fossil species
- Hartford Basin paleontology
- Paleobiology Seminar (various topics; EEB 5895/GSCI 6130)
- Paleobiology (EEB/GSCI 4120)
- Earth History and Global Change (GSCI 3010)
- Principles of Biology II (BIOL 1108)
- Bush, A. M., and Novack-Gottshall, P. M. 2011. Modelling the ecological-functional diversification of marine Metazoa on geological time scales. Biology Letters, published online before print August 3, 2011.
- Bush, A. M., R. K. Bambach, and D. H. Erwin. 2011. Ecospace utilization during the Ediacaran Radiation and the Cambrian Eco-explosion. Pp. 111-133 in M. LaFlamme, J. D. Schiffbauer, and S. Q. Dornbos, eds. Quantifying the evolution of early life: numerical approaches to the study of fossils and ancient ecosystems. Springer, Dordrecht.
- Bush, A. M., and R. K. Bambach. 2011. Paleoecologic megatrends in marine metazoa. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences 39:241-269.
- Getty, P. R., and A. M. Bush. 2011. Sand pseudomorphs of dinosaur bones: Implications for (non-) preservation of tetrapod skeletal material in the Hartford Basin, USA. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 302:407–414.
- Bush, A. M., and R. I. Brame. 2010. Multiple paleoecological controls on the composition of marine fossil assemblages from the Frasnian (Late Devonian) of Virginia, with a comparison of ordination methods. Paleobiology 36:573–591.
- Bush, A. M., and G. M. Daley. 2008. Comparative paleoecology of fossils and fossil assemblages. In P. H. Kelley and R. K. Bambach, eds. From evolution to geobiology: research questions driving paleontology at the start of a new century. Paleontological Society Paper 14:289-317.
- Wang, S. C., and A. M. Bush. 2008. Adjusting global extinction rates to account for taxonomic susceptibility. Paleobiology 34:434–455.
- Bush, A. M., R. K. Bambach, and G. M. Daley. 2007. Changes in theoretical ecospace utilization in marine fossil assemblages between the mid-Paleozoic and late Cenozoic. Paleobiology 33:76–97.
- Bambach, R. K., A. M. Bush, and D. H. Erwin. 2007. Autecology and the filling of ecospace: key metazoan radiations. Palaeontology 50:1–22.
- Bush, A. M., M. Kowalewski , A. Hoffmeister , R. K. Bambach, and G. M. Daley. 2007. Potential paleoecologic biases from size-filtering of fossils. Palaios 22:612–622.
- Bush, A. M. 2006. Crime Scene Investigation—Permian. Review of Erwin, D. H. 2006. Extinction: How Life on Earth Nearly Ended 250 Million Years Ago. Science 311: 1868-1869.
- Bush, A. M., and R. K. Bambach. 2004. Did alpha diversity increase during the Phanerozoic? Lifting the veils of taphonomic, latitudinal, and environmental biases in the study of paleocommunities. Journal of Geology 112:625–642.
- Bush, A. M., M. J. Markey, and C. R Marshall. 2004. Removing bias from diversity curves: the effects of spatially organized biodiversity on sampling-standardization. Paleobiology 30:666–686.
- Bush, A. M., M. G. Powell, W. S. Arnold, T. M. Bert, and G. M. Daley. 2002. Time-averaging, evolution, and morphologic variation. Paleobiology 28:9–25.