EEB 2245/2245W Evolutionary Biology (Spring 2010)
- 1 Course Overview
- 2 Instructors
- 3 Teaching assistants
- 4 Grading
- 5 Academic integrity
- 6 Handouts
|Lectures:||Tu,Th 9:30-10:45, Biological Sciences/Physics 130|
|Emergency closing information|
|Textbook:||Futuyma, D. J. 2009. Evolution, 2nd ed. Sinauer Associates, Sunderland, MA|
|Lecture topics||EEB 2245/2245W Lecture topics (Spring 2010)|
|Announcements:||EEB 2245/2245W Announcements (Spring 2010)|
|Note: Problem sets and other supplements will be posted on the Announcements page|
In addition to this web site those of you who are enrolled in the W part of the course will want to refer to the EEB 2245W web site for information about W assignments and requirements.
IMPORTANT: The final exam (exam #4) will be given in the BioPharm building NOT in our usual lecture room. The exam will cover material from 8 April (Evolution of phenotypic traits) through 29 April (Evolution and society).
Rooms: BPB 129 and 131
|Dr. Janine Caira|
|E-mail:||janine.caira (at) uconn.edu|
|Office hours:||By arrangement|
|Dr. Kent Holsinger|
|E-mail:||kent.holsinger (at) uconn.edu|
|Office hours:||By arrangement|
|Rachel Prunier||Maria Pickering|
|Office:||BioPharm 302A||TLS 480|
|E-mail:||rachel.prunier (at) uconn.edu||maria.pickering (at) uconn.edu|
|Office hours:||By arrangement||By arrangement|
|Exam 1||February 11|
|Exam 2||March 4|
|Exam 3||April 6|
|Exam 4||Date not set|
EEB 2245: Your grade will be based on your performance in four lecture exams. Your lowest score on the first 3 exams will be dropped, and your scores on the two remaining exams and on the final exam will each constitute one-third of your final grade. University regulations require that students who miss the final exam without an excuse from the Dean of Students receive an F for that exam. Thus, you are required to take the final exam. Note: because you are allowed to drop your lowest grade, we will not give make-up exams.
EEB 2245W: Your final grade in the lecture portion of the course will be calculated as above. This grade will constitute 75% of your final course grade. Your grade in the W part of the course, as determined by your “W” instructor, will constitute the remaining 25% of your final course grade, except that an F in the W part of the course will result in an F for the entire course. An F in the lecture part of the course will also result in an F for the entire course. Refer to the 2245W handout and website for further information. Dr. Richard King (TLS 470; tel: 486-5662; firstname.lastname@example.org) is the coordinator of the W part of the course.
Academic misconduct is dishonest or unethical academic behavior that includes, but is not limited, to misrepresenting mastery in an academic area (e.g., cheating), intentionally or knowingly failing to properly credit information, research or ideas to their rightful originators or representing such information, research or ideas as your own (e.g., plagiarism).
Academic misconduct will lead to loss of credit for the piece of work concerned. Repeated or egregious misconduct may lead to failure in the entire course. If you are enrolled in EEB 2245W, remember that an F in the W part of the course results in an F for the entire course.
Study Guide for Exam 1
Exam 2 Practice
Study Guide for Exam 2
Problem Set #1
Study Guide for Exam 3
Study Guide for Exam 4
Note: Answers to practice problems in the study guide will be posted Wednesday afternoon. Please try to do the problems yourself first and use the answers only to check your work.